With a baby on the way it’s important to take time out with your partner, even if it’s just for a night or two with someone watching your older children instead of a two-week babymoon cruise to Bali. But how to make your quality time special? You don’t have to spend a lot of money, or even time.
- Think about how you met and what attracted you. If you can’t revisit the exact spot on a date night, go somewhere that reminds you and reminisce together.
- If you can, unplug from phones and the Internet. Watch a weepy movie, play cards, make each other your favorite snacks.
- Reach out to your partner’s parents or siblings for some baby photos of him and make a collage, or frame your favorite as a gift.
- Download and play music that you were listening to when you met. Put together a playlist of your favorite songs for your baby to enjoy later.
- Write a list of the qualities you like and admire in your partner and write them in a handmade card.