Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/customer/www/greatexpectationspregnancy.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-23-related-posts-plugin/init.php on line 215
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 cups chopped onion
- 2 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 1 pound fresh or defrosted cod or other fish, diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup clam juice
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk, or 12 oz. almond or soy milk
- 2 tbs frozen peas
- 2 tbs corn kernels
- Italian or curly parsley
- cubed, cooked carrots
- 1/8 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning, or to taste
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
Serves two, or multiply.
- In a large stockpot, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Saute onions, mushrooms and celery in butter until tender.
- Add chicken stock and potatoes; simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add fish, and simmer another 10 minutes.
- Season to taste with Old Bay seasoning, salt and pepper. Whisk together clam juice and flour until smooth; stir into soup. Remove from heat, and stir in milk. Serve with bread.