Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/customer/www/greatexpectationspregnancy.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-23-related-posts-plugin/init.php on line 215
If you’re not a fan of vegetables, fruit is the other option to get your daily fill of fiber, vitamins and folic acid. Fruit salad in the fridge means a healthy snack or side dish on hand.
- The key to good fruit salad is freshness. In-season fruit will always be more flavorful. Only use fruit that quickly browns (like apples and bananas) if you’ll be serving it right away.
- Choose at least three kinds of fruit or berries with contrasting colors and textures. Pair mushier fruits like mango with firmer ones like berries.
- Remove seeds and skin, check for brown spots, then slice into bite-sized pieces.
- Strawberries will leave a pink stain on lighter-colored fruit, add them at the end to keep the salad looking fresher.
- For a more complex and sophisticated salad, try adding cucumber, avocado or herbs.